Monday, February 11, 2013

Selling one car to get my "dream car" back

Last October while i was leaving MATC in Oak Creek I was unfortunately in an accident that totaled my car. A guy ran a stop sign and was at fault, but i still lost my car. Being a car guy, it was a lot more than just a car to me, it was the car I've wanted ever since i knew what cars were even. I now have the opportunity to buy another one and I couldn't be happier.

The thing about this car is that it's a pretty rare car. It's a Volkswagen Golf R32. Only 5,000 were made, and they were only made in 2004. So to own one in the VW world is a pretty big deal.

This was my car in some of her best days:

And this was minutes after the accident right on College Ave:

And sitting, waiting to hear back from insurance:

After this happened i bought a BMW M3, but it just wasn't the same as owning this VW. Now I just can't wait to buy another R32.



7 comments:

  1. I also had a VW, they are very nice cars but once things start going wrong they are really expensive to fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i disagree, the only parts that i've replaced that have been expensive would be expensive on any car, not just VW's. I've been a big fan/supporter of VW's for a long time so I've done my fair share of research.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to hear that your car was damaged. You are very lucky to be alive. I am sure you will have the car you want again soon. Are these cars good in the snow? I am not that car savvy and always have driven trucks or jeeps. I am short so I feel that I can see the world if I sit up high! Ha! Ha! I too was hit once by a driver in Mexico City and he fled the seen. Fortunately, not much damage was done. You have a nice site I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww… I’m sorry about what happened to your car. I know how disheartening it is to see your car wrecked. I hope you got an insurance claim, although it won’t bring back your dream car. I hope you can still find the same model of car that you want. Keep us posted when you find one. I’ll be looking forward to this! #Lawrence Harkness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lawrence,

      I have another R32 now, I will make another post about it soon! Thanks for your interest.

      Delete
  4. Cool, hope nobody was hurt in the accident. Wish I had my old '74 Dodge Charger, then we could have a race.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are people who treat their cars as their best friends. They consider them precious, so precious that it hurts when they lose them. But above all, it's your life that is more important. You have to be thankful that you're safe. Well, it's good to see you buying another R32 again. I guess no one can separate a car guy from the car he loves. :)

    Prince Moss @ Lexus Of Ann Arbor

    ReplyDelete